The hospital is good about making sure that new parents have all of the skills required once they take the new baby home. Parents are the ones who change diapers, track feedings, and keep the baby dressed. Staff typically only assess the baby and leave all personal cares to the parents. The one exception to this rule is bathing. It appears that bathing is complicated enough that it requires a nurse to show how to complete each step to the process.
 |
| Getting Baby ready for bath |
 |
| Soaping the baby up |
 |
| Rinsing baby off |
 |
| Rinsing baby's head |
 |
| Lotioning baby - The only part the nurse let us do |
 |
| Dressing baby |
 |
| Getting ready to swaddle |
 |
| Swaddled up |
I don't know about any of you but I feel like an expert now. I imagine I will continue to feel this way until we give the baby his first bath at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment