Sunday, September 2, 2012

Baby Blessing

Andrew officially was entered into the records of the church on September 2nd.  My mother made the blessing outfit for us. I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I wasn't involved a whole lot in the planning process for the outfit.  So when we tried on the outfit for the first time I was somewhat surprised to find out that it wasn't white. Wendy wanted to have an outfit that could be used for other things besides just once for a blessing. It makes sense to me; and it appears that there are not any rules stating that you have to have a a white outfit for a blessing.

This was also the first time that I've done an official priesthood action in public for one of my family. I admit to being rather intimidated by the whole idea of the baby blessing. Yes, I was nervous. It appears that it was obvious because several people after I gave the blessing asked if I was nervous. Oops.

Anyway. Here are some pictures of the child, his outfit, and some family pictures.

Andrew in Baby Blessing Outfit

Happy Blessing Day..or not so happy

Mommy and Baby

Outfit maker and baby

The Ashtons

Baby and Family

The Stuarts

Baby in the grass

No comments:

Post a Comment