Friday, February 8, 2013

Discovery Museum

With a little one who is slightly more mobile than he used to Wendy and I decided to return to our roots. For our weekly family (sometimes date) night we went to a museum. The museum we chose to go to on February 8th was the Discovery museum downtown. Wendy loves museums, Andrew loves other kids and playing, and Ben loves taking pictures. Seemed like a good idea.

We are ready to play!
The museum has all kinds of fun things for "kids" to do. We (they) can play with Legos.
Not sure who is enjoying this more.
The big ones were more his size
Not Legos - but Andrew still enjoyed them
One of the features that I was looking most forward to introducing Andrew to was the water feature at the museum. I'm trying hard to not turn into the parent that forces his kids to love the same thing as I do; however, I will admit that I REALLY REALLY REALLY wouldn't mind if the little one learned to love water.  (Mrs. Silletto can kindly ignore the last sentence.)  Fortunately, it does appear that he is well on his way.
Ping Pong Balls float..that can be fun!

Splash!

Andrew also got to try his hand at imitating his Aunt Elizabeth by being a reporter. Andrew like many journalists played to his strengths.  He's cute but doesn't have much of a way in words. Television anchor seemed to fit him just right.

Reviewing the script with his editor
(do anchors have editors?)

Andrew came firmly out in support of licking ice cream with the tongue stuck out.
After a brief foray into TV news anchoring Andrew tried out some other career paths.
Actor in the beloved play "The Princess and the Frog"

Fashion consultant

Olympic Rowing
(He borrowed the boat from the Greek team)

Theoretical Physics and Chaos theory

Cowboy

Cashier

Personal Trainer

\One of the things that Andrew enjoyed the most during the museum visit was meeting new people. I keep expecting the little one to learn stranger anxiety.  Definitely not yet.  In fact, he goes out of his way to meet new and interesting people...especially when the new and interesting people are somewhere around his size. 
Some forays are successful.

Others are not.




No comments:

Post a Comment