Monday, October 29, 2018

Day One Entry: Oct 29, 2018

Andrew's first written words to me

Andrew has been learning so many things in his kindergarten class. It surprises me how fast he is reading, writing, and doing math. It pleases me that he loves every minute of it. One of the points of emphasis is "sight" words. It is a list of words that the teachers want the kids to recognize instantly without having to sound the words out. I am sure they strategically pick some of the words as evidence by my experience with Andrew today. Andrew showed me the first thing he wrote in his new notebook he got today. "I love Dad." Melted my heart.

Spencer helps to do the dishes

Spencer and I hung out in the house while Wendy and the rest of the kids went to a special math program. So I did what I normally do at night "alone." I turned no a Netflix show and cleaned the kitchen. Spencer meanwhile entertained himself by coloring, playing with play dough, and (for the longest time) washing the dishes. Eventually it became to hard to wash from the stool so Spencer got a little closer to the action.



Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment